Monday, 15 March 2010

Making the Correct Lighting for The Filming of Identical


In this picture we see Amanda holding the lighting technology. This is not a scene in the actual opening clip of Identical. However, the red lamp pictured is the red lamp that is used to give the lighting of the scene in Amanda's bedroom when the audience along with Imogen Simmons first sees Amanda in a possessed state. I wanted this scene to be dark and gruesome but I found out that with the camera it was ver hard to see what was happening in Amanda's room because of the lack of light, therefore I knew I needed to have some sort of light to be able to see the action on screen properlly. When I found this red lamp I thought it would be perfect to use to add some light to the scene in Amanda's Bedroom, not only because it shed some light on the actual scene but because of the colour of the light; Red. The Red colour of the lamp carrys many connotations, some of which include Danger, Caution, Blood, Evil and Sinister. These are all moods that I wanted to create in this particaular scene as I wanted the audience as well as Imogen to feel a sense of caution and danger when enetering Amanda's room and also I wanted to create an atmosphere just around Amanda full of Evil and Sinister feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.